menu   Home About Me My Classroom My Products My Conferences  

Book Talk Tuesday and a FREEBIE






The following content was provided by the publisher.
"Crayons have feelings, too, in this funny back-to-school story illustrated by the creator of Stuck and This Moose Belongs to Me -- now a #1 New York Times bestseller "
Poor Duncan just wants to color. But when he opens his box of crayons, he finds only letters, all saying the same thing: His crayons have had enough They quit Beige Crayon is tired of playing second fiddle to Brown Crayon. Black wants to be used for more than just outlining. Blue needs a break from coloring all those bodies of water. And Orange and Yellow are no longer speaking--each believes he is the true color of the sun.
What can Duncan possibly do to appease all of the crayons and get them back to doing what they do best?






My little grandbabies loved making this craft and writing activity this morning.
You can download the templates by clicking HERE


Just copy the crayon on colored pager and use black strips to make 
accordian legs and arms and scrap paper for the hands and feet.



This is a great book to read anytime during the school year and it is the perfect mentor text for teaching the craft of letter writing.

If you have a book you'd like to share please link up your post below or feel free to share in the comments.  Happy Tuesday y'all!!!




20 comments:

  1. This book has been on wishlist for awhile! Thank you for the cute freebie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crayon craft and the book! The craft would make a great bulletin board for someone with a crayon theme!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crayons are just TOO CUTE!! I am so adding this book to my collection!!! Have you thought of holding Book Talk Tuesday all year long? I'm just really loving learning about all of these amazing books, and it would be awesome to share different books throughout the year. Thanks so very much for hosting such an awesome linky party!!
    www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Erin, Yes! I plan on doing this all year long because I love reading about new books as well. :)

      Delete
    2. YAY!!! Thank you so very much!! :-)

      Delete
    3. I would love Book Talk Tuesday all year long too! I love reading everyone's suggestions and seeing books come alive for children!

      Delete
  4. I adore this book! It makes me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids loved this book last year--some of them were literally rolling in the floor at the "naked" Peach Crayon! We always had to go back and read that page a second time after we finished the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used this book with my 4th graders this year. They had to pick some kind of object of theirs and write a letter to themselves, as the object, and have "a little talk" about how they overuse it. They were hilarious and adorable! Several parents even commented about the letters they wrote at Open House. I wrote mine from the point of view of my TV remote. That thing is waaaaay overused! ; )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is adorable and my kiddos LOVED the naked crayon. :) Thank you for the freebie!

    Megan
    Cardigansandcaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I NEED to check this book out, too cute!
    I linked up with you for the first time today & am so excited to continue in the future since my blog started out as a place to share books & resources to go along with them!
    -Ashlee
    TeacherWillRunforBooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great book! I need to get on board and buy it for the fall! Thanks for hosting this awesome linky!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this book! It is so cleverly written. Thanks for sharing the wonderful crayon craft---my grandson will love making one when he comes to visit tomorrow! Love the googley eyes! Thanks for the opportunity to link up...

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I purchased this book for Read Across America. I love it! It's one of my favorites. It's perfect for teaching kids voice.

    Stacy
    Second Grade Sweetie Pies

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came across this book at Barnes and Nobles and absolutely love it! Definitely a book to purchase for letter writing. :)

    Pam
    Diary of a Second Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this book and used it in my Grade 3/4 and was trying to think about how to use it in 1/2 - thanks so much for the freebie - it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this book! I found it last summer and shared it with my 14 year old daughter. We both thought it was a keeper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...